Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of a Lamberson "X" model? I just purchased one on ebay (see link below). I've never heard of this model though, and can't find anything on it with a google search. I went to Lamberson's website, but the tenor section isn't available to view (I think it's been like that for a while). I suspect that it isn't a current model anyway...maybe an older one, or maybe X stands for experimental. What's interesting is that it has an epoxy baffle in it, rather than the baffle being integrated into the material that the piece is made out of. Anyway, I'm hoping that it'll be a good replacement for my grenadilla wood 7DD, which has recently developed a crack in the shank.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamberson-7X-tenor-saxophone-mouthpiece/132914066336?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
This is actually the DD model before he actually Labeled it I believe. I have the same design in a DD. The early body like this one. If anything your baffle might be a millimeter or 2 longer. Jim

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is actually the DD model before he actually Labeled it I believe. I have the same design in a DD. The early body like this one. If anything your baffle might be a millimeter or 2 longer. Jim
Awesome! That's what I was thinking it maybe was, and just what I need!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I may put mine up for sale here. it is in Mint condition. Its a small font DD hard Rubber. I hate to sell it but I have not been playing hard rubber for a while now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts