Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the Lamberson website but have noticed that the 'M' model people keep talking about isn't listed there. Is this model not listed but still available, or is it no longer available at all? There is no email address on the site to contact Fred either. If the 'M' is not available, how dark has anyone found the FMaj compared to a morgan jazz or meyer?
I've searched for answers about this, but haven't found anything definative.
Thanks

·
Banned
8,336 Posts
All depends on the player, concept and reed choice etc but I find the Morgan M to be brighter than the Lamberson M on my V1. The FM7 is designed to be darker than the M and it looks like Fred has decided to offer this instead of the M. I haven't played a Babbit Meyer for years but they are inconsistant so it's hard to say.

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,813 Posts
Benny said:
I've been looking at the Lamberson website but have noticed that the 'M' model people keep talking about isn't listed there. Is this model not listed but still available, or is it no longer available at all? There is no email address on the site to contact Fred either. If the 'M' is not available, how dark has anyone found the FMaj compared to a morgan jazz or meyer?
I've searched for answers about this, but haven't found anything definative.
Thanks
Clicking the red and black "contact me" reed on his home page should bring up a compose email window with his address in it.

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
M chamber is the same as L chamber...M was/is marketed toward the Japanese who can't pronounce "L"....I know I know...I was surprised too...but it's very interesting isn't it!

G'Luck

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,813 Posts
Nitro, maybe I read your original post about this incorrectly but I had a different interpretation. I understood that there were two different M's - the Japanese which was really an L (for the reason you state) and the U.S./other that really was a medium chamber but has been displaced by the FMaj7.

·
Registered
145 Posts
M is the medium chamber. It has been on his site forever, and suddenly dissapeared. I own this piece. Have also had the all of the Morgans. I prefer the Lamberson M. A lot of people find it a little bright, but I LOVE this piece. I've also owned an FMaj 7 and an SB. I still find the M to be the best for me. If you look around you can find one.

Sorry know help on why the M disappeared from the website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts