Sax on the Web Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get a better sax and I'm looking at they yamaha custom series. On the web it claims that something to do with the black lacquer gives it a darker tone. I would like to know if this is a good thing or not... do you get a better sound for a couple of hundred pound more???
thanks.

·
Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist. RIP, Yo
17,204 Posts
Are you a troll?!!! :)

The effects, or as many would argue, the NON-effects, of surface finish on saxes is one of the most hotly debated topics in this forum.

The simple answer I, myself, offer, is "advertising BS". Yamaha, to their integrity-undermining shame, have joined the fray and now use it often.

If you want a better answer, then read the three longest recent threads in this section of the forum. (And you will none the wiser!)

Good luck! :)

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forums. This topic has been discussed at length (devolving into very heated debate, although acoustically there is nothing to suggest that the finish impacts the sound one iota).

A cursory look at past threads will likely tell you all anyone would care to know about the topic, so I am going to close this thread.

Cheers M8.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.