Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone played the new "La Voix" saxophones, or the new bueschers? They are the exact same thing as a Mark VI, I think they have darker tone, but they play and feel exactly the same!!! FOR OWNLY $2000 LESS!!!!

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a difference between the La Vie and the La Voix? I played the Buescher alto, then the La voix tenor and Alto. I played my mark VI and then I tried out my friend's La voix, and The keywork,felt the exact same, (except for the High F#). I don't know, I could probably be wrong. The tenor was for sale at $1500 and the alto $1300. My other friend's buescher was $800, but the la voix alto, had the easiest to play, and most beautiful sounding low Bb of any sax I have ever played

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,978 Posts
ChuBerry47 said:
Is there a difference between the La Vie and the La Voix?
I played them both side by side, along with a Hummingbird. I actually preferred the sound of the La Vie to the Hummingbird, but the keywork felt soft (perhaps not to a kid though). I believe the La Voix is made in Taiwan and the La Vie in China. The La Vie also has some touches that you see on other current "designer" saxophones. I still think both the La Voix and La Vie are overpriced however; and it's solely due to the Selmer name on the bell. Similar (if not exact) copies are probably being sold for much, much less under other brand names. Trick is finding them... should these horns float your boat.

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they are great horns, but I really would not buy something because of the name, nor would I spend $5000 on a MARK VI tenor, (mine was the school's), but I think that they both (Vie, and Voix), could benefit from lower prices.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased two La Voixes; the alto and tenor.
They are both terrific horns, with the tenor being rich and chocolatey, esp. in the lower register. The alto is sweet and sweeter. It's high register might be mistaken for a soprano it sounds so sweet.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
My daughter and I play tested a LA Voix alto at Sam Ash about 2 1/2 years ago. We bought the cannonball big bell. We thought the La Voix was srident and bright sounding.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I've played several La Voix's and I thought they were all pretty terrible for the price. I have a La Vie tenor and it plays really well, but I didn't pay anything near list price for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts