Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 37 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Back somewhere around 1992, I saw Kurt playing in some hole-in-the-wall in Hollywood with Michael Stephans on drums (who now plays with Dave Liebman) and Tim Taylor on tenor (my teacher at the time - a monster in his own right!). Yes - two saxes and drums. Kurt played a lot of EWI bass lines, as well as several Shakuhachi flutes. But, the most memorable tune was him playing bari on "Tangerine." KILLIN'!!!! I recorded this gig on a little hand-held tape recorder. I've got the tape somewhere - I'll find it and digitize it... R.I.P. Kurt...

Pnutbutta
www.mingofishtrap.com

· Registered
57 Posts
Steve,

We spoke about some recordings I had of Kurt playing back in the early 90's with Michael Stephans (they called themselves "The Inscronable Duo-Tones" - they played together as a duo group on and off for 20 years! (BTW - Stephans has new CD coming out - this time the duo is him and Dave Liebman!). Well, I know it took forever, but I finally found the cassette tape and digitized it! I'd love to share - He just destroys "Tangerine" (in a good way!)...

Dan

1 - 2 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.