Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if I could find a kohlert soprano saxophone. did they fabric anymore?
thank you for your help,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi costica olan,

Kohlert stopped manufacturing in 1966 to my knowledge. Only the brand name was purchased in Asia by a manufacturer that produces cheap. So if you want to find a soprano, you would have to look for ebay or any other site that sells older instruments.

Cheers, gerhard

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Hi from Salmon Arm, BC Can. I found a Kohlert curvy soprano and love playing it. It's really old...probably 1926. Nickel silver, two piece, (a miniature alto). It plays from low Bb to high Eb. Keywork takes a bit of time to get used to...G#, high D. The G# is offset a little from what I'm used to. The High D and Eb keys are sooo small. The instrument plays very well in tune, especially with my Joe Giardullo mpc. I just finished a gig with the Cactus Jazz Band at the Pentastic Jazz Festival in Penticton, BC., and the little sax played well. Soundwise I'm not sure how it compares as the only other sop I've played is my straight Amati sop., which I also like. (Joe's mpc. made this horn play way better in tune!). Not sure if I want to sell this curvy. I paid $950.00. I will consider offers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts