Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 4 years ago I purchased a Knights USA alto saxophone for AU$499 (original stock price being AU$999).
Now I am thinking of purchasing a keyboard or a synthesizer, and to get some cash, I hope to sell this alto saxophone model.
As you can see on the attached photos, it has some fern kind of thing engraved onto it and the logo says "Knights U.S.A-P.R.C"
Other than the horn itself I have absolutely no information on the sax, the information booklet possibly lost in recent years.

Does Knight USA brand even manufacture saxophones? Anyone has some kind of information on it? And would It be worth putting it up on the net to sell? IMG_0581[1].jpg IMG_0580[1].jpg IMG_0579[1].jpg

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
40,066 Posts
ok, P.R.C. is the keyword, it means, ........wait for it..........People's Republic of China (China, not Taiwan that one is R.O.C republic of China)

yours is one of the so many Chinese made saxophones which claim something to do with some French or American company ( not infrequently you read made under the supervision of French or American technicians or things like a an Sino American joint venture......).

The fact of the matter is that if you go to any musical instruments trade fair (tomorrow starts the one in Shanghai) you find vendors there whom will sell a OEM or private label made instruments , they will put, at your request, any name or serial number (often no serial number) that you want and deliver them to your door for you to sell and , hey presto, any brand can be born........... this horn is already exceptional because it actually says P.R.C..........but most people won’t know what that means though!

So yes, it does exist as a brand-name, because you have one, but anybody can ask any factory to make him a saxophone called almost anything.

I am afraid that your saxophone is worth very little indeed.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,334 Posts
Welcome to SOTW. If there is a Meyer mouthpiece included (saw the box in the photo), that may be worth more than the saxophone itself. However, I don't think we mean to belittle the saxophone - with some re-padding, corking, springing, etc., it may turn out to play decently (if it doesn't already). It is just like Milandro said, small-batch brands are not of much value. DAVE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts