Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sax is about 10 years old ...new price is around 4000 $ ....are these the best of Cannonball ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
some of the finest horns made form cannonball in my opinion!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,939 Posts
Sax is about 10 years old ...new price is around 4000 $ ....are these the best of Cannonball ?
What is it that you are asking? Are you looking for market value of a used instrument? Are you buying or selling?

I don’t know who told you that the horn is about 10 years old - they haven’t made them in this century.

http://cannonballmusic.com/chronology.php

The Knight series was made in the late ‘90s, followed by the Global Big Bell, and then the Stone series.

“Best of Cannonball” was likely the Mad Meg/Pete Christlieb model.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seller told me it was bought new about 10 years ago , yeah, looking for an estimate of this sax in good playing condition..

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,356 Posts
Just remember these are not the same quality that Cannonball is now famous for producing. This is the series that was previous to the Big Bell Global series where they made a lot of improvements in construction and design. Many unfavorable reviews can be found if you look. Honestly unless it's selling for under $500 I would turn and not look back.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just remember these are not the same quality that Cannonball is now famous for producing. This is the series that was previous to the Big Bell Global series where they made a lot of improvements in construction and design. Many unfavorable reviews can be found if you look. Honestly unless it's selling for under $500 I would turn and not look back.

Thanks a lot , all I needed to know....👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts