Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Glad to see this going again. Will this one surpass 40 pages???
I just want to note that Roger said that it made a tiny difference, not that there was no difference.
Have fun, everyone! ;-)

·
Registered
841 Posts
I dont necessarily think it is a scam. Some players that use them notice a huge difference, others not so much. I know Tom P from TOP is using one and when he was in town back in April, I had a talk with him about it, and he loves his and does notice a difference. I know many other pros that I have seen using them live during performances, and I certainly dont think they would be using it, if it did not make a difference to them. After all, it's not like they are endorsing a $10,000 thousand dollar gadget. Just as some players are into the oversized screw, different ligs etc. It's all a matter of opinion, and what you as a player hear and feel. It's not what other people listening to you may or may not hear

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,904 Posts
If you splice the two audios on top of each other, there is an extremely small difference, which I would never attribute to a piece of metal. The reed getting more wet or dry, changes in the approach of the notes, etc. Would all have a considerably larger effect.

But I guess if it makes you THINK you sound better, snd you have more confidence in your sound, won't you sound/play better? Who knows.

For sure there is no measurable physical effect. Basic science already proves that. This moves into the psychological effect which could translate into a positive physical change by the player, with this device serving as the catalyst. And there is no way to prove that one way or another.

So if someone THINKS it makes them sound better, and they enjoy playing more, then who are we to judge them? Making music is supposed to be enjoyable, and if this thing makes someone have more joy, then I fully support that. Life is too short. Enjoy whatever you can in life, even if others judge you for it. Let them deal with their negativity while you enjoy the great things this world has to offer...especially making music.

- Saxaholic

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I think there is a possibility that a sensitive player may have the perception of a change in the sound through a small difference in the bio-acoustic feedback received when playing with and without the device. I believe it is important to note that a change in the player's perception does not necessarily mean that there is measurable change in the soundwaves emitted into the room.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I dont necessarily think it is a scam. Some players that use them notice a huge difference, others not so much. I know Tom P from TOP is using one and when he was in town back in April, I had a talk with him about it, and he loves his and does notice a difference. I know many other pros that I have seen using them live during performances, and I certainly dont think they would be using it, if it did not make a difference to them. After all, it's not like they are endorsing a $10,000 thousand dollar gadget. Just as some players are into the oversized screw, different ligs etc. It's all a matter of opinion, and what you as a player hear and feel. It's not what other people listening to you may or may not hear
Naah, it is a shameless scam. So are oversized screws... IMHO of course.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,895 Posts
It certainly does make a HUGE difference.
Me WITHOUT a Klangbogen:

Me WITH a Klangbogen:
Thank you, I had a good laugh out of this!

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,895 Posts
I actually heard a difference ... for the worse.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts