Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
Thanks Sigmund, I will try . Probably milandro is right , the variables are too many no last the feel and taste that is absolutely personal , but I have to start from a point suggested from who had exeperiences in that matter and after I will can search to consolidte from that...I hope
I played for many years with a guy who got a wonderful tone with a metal Berg Larsen on a Zephyr. Goes to show that you never can tell what will work for you unless you already have experience with what will work for you.

In my case I would play that horn with the same MP that's been my primary tenor MP since 1978: a hard rubber Meyer #8 (with #2.5 Vandoren reeds). In general, I think the Meyer will be just a touch brighter (whatever that means) than a HR Link of similar facing.

If you want to scream rock and roll on that thing, I bet a Dukoff D7 will blow the doors down.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
If you want to extract the true character of the King, I would recommend a hard rubber Link, Meyer, or either a white or black Brilhart. It will sound WONDERFUL!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts