Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm a high school student who is going away for college after this summer, and I've got a saxophone I've been wanting to part with in order to get some funds. It saddens me, as the horn has been alongside me for years, but I've thought long and hard and I think it would be best if it went to someone who'd probably appreciate it more than myself.

The model as far as I know is a King Zephyr from around the 1940-1950's? I've tried my best to try to identify it, but it doesn't seem to be the most common horn. The serial number is 269353. It has some wear and tear here and there, and has gotten re-padded in the last year or so.

Does anyone know exactly what model it is, and how much it might be worth?

Thanks so much for your time! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
726 Posts
The good news is, the serial number is in the desirable range. However, it seems it is a relacquer? Not sure if it is because of lighting, original lacquer should be a dark honey gold. It also depends on the playing condition. You also have a Berg Larsen mouthpiece it seems. That alone is $180-$200 assume it is not a vintage Berg and in good condition. Vintage Berg seems to be $250+.

If the sax is a relacquer but in good playing condition and need nothing, I think you can get ~$1000 with the right buyer who appreciate vintage sax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts