Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
the KingMarigaux saxes, since they are stencils for the SML saxes, i was wondering whether these were sold with a king mpc, an sml mpc or no mpc at all?
if it did came with a mpc, does anybody have an idea which type it was or has pictures?
thanks for any input
Luc

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,878 Posts
SML had their own mouthpieces which were stencils.

King Marigaux and SML came with mouthpieces which they bought off Riffault and are easily recognized because of the letter R on the shank with numbers indicating the opening.

I don’t think these mouthpiecs are anything special. Occasionally you would find a Lelandais Jazz on these horns and they are fine mouthpieces too but I wouldn’t bother to try to find one since you can do better with modern mouthpieces.

I have played a King Marigaux very nicely with my Brancher J27.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SML had their own mouthpieces which were stencils.

King Marigaux and SML came with mouthpieces which they bought off Riffault and are easily recognized because of the letter R on the shank with numbers indicating the opening.

I don’t think these mouthpiecs are anything special. Occasionally you would find a Lelandais Jazz on these horns and they are fine mouthpieces too but I wouldn’t bother to try to find one since you can do better with modern mouthpieces.

I have played a King Marigaux very nicely with my Brancher J27.

Thank you for the info!
On the KM, i play a lebayle LR and jazz and an older vandoren V16 T77. Still undecided on which sounds better on this horn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts