Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am looking to sell a King 613 alto. I played it for over 10 years in a group and quit playing it about a year ago. It has been stored in a clean, dry place since. I was going to ask $325. I took it to my local band director thinking he may have a student who may need one. He had his repair man look at it who advised him it probably would be better for me to knock $100 off of the price considering that it would need around $100 of tune-up work. I just want to ask some of you experts if you feel this is a fair price for this horn. Thanks so much in advance for your advice.

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
If it needs some work, spend some (not a lot) money on it and keep it around the house. You never know when you want to pick that horn up again and blow it like you have never done it before.

Personally, I started playing horns when I was 11 and quit for about 12 years and recently got hooked again. And boy, am I happy! In fact, I am trying to make up for all those 12 years, but I guess I never can!

Another way to look at it is, what are you going to do with 225 bucks after reducing the price of the horn? Can you buy another horn that the King with that money? NO!

Yes, I know the 613 is NOT the Super 20 or a Zephyr, but still it is a King. Recently, I played a silver-plated 613 tenor, and even though this horn had been sitting idle for many years, that undefinable, yet unmistakable King big, spread, round tone was there.

Keep the horn, mate!

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
Edited: I meant to say "Can you buy another horn that is better than the King with that money? NO!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts