Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had not met Kim before, but he introduced himself on the break and offered to share contact info. He’s a very nice guy - he asked about my gear and we chatted a bit; I asked him if he’d like to sit in, but he said he was just there to enjoy the music.

It was a really nasty, rainy night, and we did not fill the room, but he and his friends really made us feel appreciated. He even bought me a drink which was very kind. Some cats with his cred stick their noses in the air, but he genuinely seemed to have a good time. I’m sure I played better before I knew he was there, but isn’t that always the case?

Anyway....his appearance reminded me how important it is to get out and support live music. I’ll be sure to go see him next time he plays in town. Very classy guy...

Respect.

·
Premium Member
15,477 Posts
Amen! I’m sure you sounded fantastic, as you always do. You are always very humble and I’m glad that nice experience happened to you. Everyone needs to go out and support live music!

Happy holidays my friend!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,063 Posts
That's awesome! Kim Waters was hanging at a gig I played with Brannen Temple in Austin, three or four years ago, and he stuck around for our entire set. Absolutely class-act dude, he clearly goes out and listens to local players everywhere he goes. Indeed, he seems to have maintained really good priorities and very supportive attitude throughout his career. Great reminder and inspiration. You can stay cool and down to earth after success!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts