Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
40,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’d like to publicly thank Kim Slava for being a great professional and a true gentleman.

He patiently advised me and helped me selling my Vito Model 35. The thing took a little longer than both of us had anticipated. 3 years, almost to the day.

His experience with these horns (and many others) is second to no one and I’ve learned a lot over the years by consulting his incredibly informative site.

I am not going into details but Kim went way out of the normal relation with someone selling though him to help me with this sale.

My gratitude to him had to find a public way to be expressed.

Chapeau! 🎩

·
Registered
605 Posts
Dr. Sax is where I get my bari shank extensions... made from plastic/Delrin, removable and 1/2 the price of permanent or brass/steel solutions.

·
40,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone wrote in another thread that his site was gone.

I should hope he is ok? Please let us know!

·
40,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
the Domain http://doctorsax.biz is no longer active and his name appears in some Breaking news from Madison.com that I cannot read because this site is obscured in Europe.

I sincerely hope that he is OK

·
Registered
778 Posts
If you have the links for the articles/news in the madison.com site, you may try to insert the link here to be able to read it:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not seeing anything new on the madison.com page when searching for his name, apart from an old story and an “about” page.

·
40,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that was the only link that I could find, it returns

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 800-362-8333...."

hopefully everything is ok with him. His site is positively down with all his incredible wealth of information on Vito saxophones.

·
40,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
778 Posts
hopefully everything is ok with him. His site is positively down with all his incredible wealth of information on Vito saxophones.
You can access the website here:

·
40,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks, my concern was not about the site but about the well being of Kim Slava.

I am in debt with him and the entire saxophone community also is (for years and years of using his wisdom)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Maybe you can try calling the numbers on the website, or sending an e-mail, trying to see if he responds? Not sure if you already done that.

I don't know him, so I can't help on the well being part.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I contacted him within the last year, and he said he was pretty much retired. He was still planning to do a coupe repairs here and there for long-time clients, but at the time, he wasn't looking for any big projects. He was also hoping to spend time on some of his own horns that he's acquired over the years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was the one who posted on the other thread about the Doctor Sax website being down. So I found his phone number on the archived website (on the Wayback Machine) and just called.

He answered promptly and was touched that people are concerned about him. He said he has retired and is doing well.

·
40,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am very happy to hear bout it. I wish him a happy retirement.

Maybe SAXONTHEWEB should consider preserving all the information contained on his site in the form of articles. Dr Sax was for years and years the best and most important repository of Vito/Leblanc information ( among other things)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kim stuck out on the WWW for his diligence documenting the long evolution of Vito/Yamaha/Beaugnier saxophones. Not a month goes by where I don't search the web looking for the useful reference tables (and pictures) he maintained on his website. Anyone in the saxophone sale/repair/reporting business willing to take the time to transfer that information (with Kim's permission) to your website can expect to enjoy a noticeable increase in traffic to your sight. (I'll be the first!).

P.S. Kim, if you are reading this, thank you for your contribution to saxophone knowledge, and thank you for your helpful responses and engagements to my e-mails I have sent you over the years. I wish you all the best in your retirement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts