Sax on the Web Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
To be even fairer ( to the search function) most people use it wrongly. You need to go here https://www.saxontheweb.net and then use the Google Custom Search to of the page

I do and consistently suggest threads to people whom say they couldn't find them (or never ever bothered in the first place that's why on most " frenquently posted questions" we have dozens of threads more or less the same ).

Registered
To be even fairer ( to the search function) most people use it wrongly. You need to go here https://www.saxontheweb.net and then use the Google Custom Search to of the page

I do and consistently suggest threads to people whom say they couldn't find them (or never ever bothered in the first place that's why on most " frenquently posted questions" we have dozens of threads more or less the same ).

I've never even seen that site. Is it an alternate SOTW or something?

you probably went there ( fro sale section by far one of the smallest parts of the forum) for the first time and it kept the address in the chronology.

The one I mentioned is the REAL home page

then you have https://forum.saxontheweb.net/forum.php

This is the " forum" access page ( but I find it ugly and not at all useful). I have always entered (for years) from www.saxontheweb.net and I look up the latest posts here https://forum.saxontheweb.net/search.php?searchid=42625738

Which is, in fact, also a " specialized " search action.

The Google Custom Search, I find, an outstanding means to search, I have used it for years, have shared this method before many times, and consistently fing almost all I am searching through it.

You should give it a try.

Registered
It is good, but still lacks.
Sometimes when I try to find a previous thread of mine and put in my user name and the topic, it does not find it or comes up 4-5 pages of search in.
Genreally, this happens when I am really wanting to find some bit of knowledge quickly, of course.

Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
no, as you can see from the address www.saxontheweb.net it is THE address of the forum and a normal page in the forum that I've always used to access the forum ever since I've been a member.
I found that if I leave my ad blocker on I don't see it. I leave it off for this site.

I found that if I leave my ad blocker on I don't see it. I leave it off for this site.
you may be talking about the one on the top left, the one in the middle of the page here I have been indicating it should always be there. As for find one own content, especially when your post count is not huge, you can find it better with clicking on your profile and then find last posts or or last started threads.

Again , I don't always find what I look for but I think I have demonstrated that, more often than not, I am able to find things , not because I possess any particular ability but because I really try.

Registered
As for find one own content, especially when your post count is not huge, you can find it better with clicking on your profile and then find last posts or or last started threads.
That only goes back so many posts, so if I'm looking for something a bit further it's like a needle in a hat stack.
That said, still the best way to search, agree with you.

Weird. Mine only goes back a page or two.
Maybe that was looped off like the signatures for newer folks.
you must be doing something wrong, I can search al the 448 post of yours.They are 23 pages of them

This is the first one.

Hi all,

i am a trumpet and sousaphone player and have always wanted to dabble (or more) into tenor (or baritone if i can ever stop buying trumpets and afford one).

Here is my issue, I learned trumpet using John O'Neil's jazz method book for beginners...
http://smile.amazon.com/Method-Trum...=1-2&keywords=jazz+method+for+trumpet+o'neill

He has one for Alto, but not for Tenor, so, finally, here is my question...

Can anyone recommend a similar method (preferably geared to jazz) for adult learners that doesn't have me playing Hot Cross Buns and On Top of old Smokey??

Thanks in advance...

John

Registered
you probably went there ( fro sale section by far one of the smallest parts of the forum) for the first time and it kept the address in the chronology.

The one I mentioned is the REAL home page

then you have https://forum.saxontheweb.net/forum.php

This is the " forum" access page ( but I find it ugly and not at all useful). I have always entered (for years) from www.saxontheweb.net and I look up the latest posts here https://forum.saxontheweb.net/search.php?searchid=42625738

Which is, in fact, also a " specialized " search action.

The Google Custom Search, I find, an outstanding means to search, I have used it for years, have shared this method before many times, and consistently fing almost all I am searching through it.

You should give it a try.
The for sale section is the reason most people come to this site whether they like to admit it or not. I wouldn't call it a small section. The rest of the site has a lot of info, but you aren't allowed to ask new questions as everything has already been discussed and you will be told to use the search function.

I disagree, I came here mostly to learn about saxophones and discuss in all those years only much later on was I interested by sales.

You can ask any question old or new ( ideally following up already opened threads) and you can open new threads too but, all I am saying, it is a lot more economic ( since threads are kept for a reason) to follow up things discussed before. Once you have opened a new thread it makes only more difficult to find answers in the archive, with the consequent result that people will open even more threads that are open before.

I never said don't ask questions, I just say, please (and use this word often) do this following up an older thread. I also motivate my position, and go through the fuss to explain where the threads were and teach people to use the search engine, not for me, I can use it, but for the sake of the membership.

( this is a thread opened in 2017 today someone followed up https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showt...-are-available-for-low-Bb-Baritone-saxophones this is precisely the way the system is supposed to work )

The reason is not only that older threads contain the wisdom kept for years ( whiuch costs money and a lot of energy let alone to migrate fro one server to another without loosing any of it) , but, also every time you follow up an old thread all the people whom are still around will get an alert and will respond more often them not, while opening a new thread will only get visibility for a few days. It is a bit like making boiling water from cold water every time or use the residual heat of the water that you've heated before to bring it to boil once again.

It is just easier. Of course you can do whatever you want. But just think... why do we keep years and years and years of threads? There has to be a reason?
\

Anyway, I am glad of having been of service to some whom, hopefully, appreciate it

Got it!

Thank you milandro!
My pleasure

Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
Tranechaser, I've been visiting this forum since 2009 and honestly I've only visited the for sale part of it for the first time about a month ago. I bought a mouthpiece from a member years ago but I didn't go to the for sale part to seek it out. I just saw it advertised in the New Posts and made an offer. For me it's been a source of information on everything sax related. It sometimes will give me the motivation I lack to practice more. To what end I don't really know.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts