Sax on the Web Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
Re: "KILLER" Horns......

Are they hired hit men that go after sales persons?
Yes, bounty killers. If there are any outstanding warrants to be cashed, be scared, be very scared, they may be knocking on the door right now. I've been told they are looking for people whom offer killer deals on mouthpieces.

Distinguished SOTW Member

I dont think Ive ever used that term so I might be safe.

If I have its rare.

Since Im not 100 percent sure I dont think I will answer my door today.

Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member

The description "killer" only works if you use it sparingly and only for horns and mouthpieces that are "killer" in your opinion. I have bought a few mouthpieces that were described by the seller as "killer" but these were sellers that hardly ever used that word. So I had more respect and belief in their opinion.
There was a seller that came on here years ago and they described every single sale as "killer" and "monster", etc.......Not sure how well they did but I found myself quickly tuning out of their FS ads. If you describe every horn and mouthpiece the same way like that then you will lose credibility..........

I am sure that we may all need to take the 5th :) (at some point)

Distinguished SOTW Member

Good one Milandro!

And good point Steve.

Personally, I hate marketing and hype but it I guess some degree is required if one has the intention to remain in business and provide products and or services.

I recall one conversation with member here. We talked about that and agreed that my ideal way of marketing would be: "Phil-Tone: Its a good mouthpiece" Unfortunately, we both agreed I would probably be out of business in a few months time :)

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-

How 'bout a black mouthpiece with characteristic white accents, that wails and kills?

Orca orca!

Registered

I haven't read this entire thread, but I can say that there have been a few horns I've picked up and said to myself, "this is a killer horn". A Serie III and Low A VI alto that I had come to mind. They may not have felt that way to someone else, but definitely to me.

There are very few things I truly miss in life, among them would be those two horns and my dead dogs. And no, the killer horns did not kill my dogs, the ba****d known as Pops Time did. :)

There is greatness in every horn , either real or simply made up on the spot.

I have been talking about a member that first was writing on SOTW how disappointed he was about a particular horn and that , few months dow the line , was offering the same horn for sale as being a great horn.

Killer horns should, sometimes, turn against the mouth which they had helped feeding.

Registered

This mouthpiece is a killer Link slayer and does everything,...until the improved V2 arrives.

Premium Member

Indeed you are not the only one, there have been several threads before showing their (add myself to the plethora) dismay about the lack of fantasy when it comes to definitions

This is another thread with the same title ( just started in February this year and you contributed to that thread with several posts), there are more threads on such things (maybe it would be a good idea to keep threads together)

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?351728-Killer-horns
Good point milandro, threads merged.

Registered
Haha, I don't know about 'killer' horns (wouldn't that be a crime?), but in the world of banjo classifieds, a banjo with an alleged big sound is described as a 'hoss', eg...'This banjo is a real hoss'. Figure THAT one out. :)

61 - 80 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.