Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere I could order different types of key touches.. to replace the pearl looking ones that come with many horns..

I'd like to find colored ones, black rubberish ones, anything I can find.

·
Registered
107 Posts
nothing here...

Ferrees sells concave and convex pearls for saxes. Far as I recall, they are real m-o-p.

I think Ferrees/Allied/Badger sell a pearlescent goo that you can use to form pearl-like fingertouches.

But I'm not much interested in that.

I am having trouble finding pearl rollers and am likewise looking for pearl, amber, bakelite, etc.

I've ordered some stuff from bead catalogs (like for necklaces) but haven't found anything real suitable.

I think Ferees has plastic rollers.

I've had a little success having a local rock shop custom cut stones for saxes. A tiger-eye thumbrest and some decorative lapis lazuli stones to replace missing m-o-p on keyguards.

Kim

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
1,404 Posts
I have some abalone pearls that I soon plan to add to the site as well as a dark smoky looking pear which I need to learn more about. I only have a few sizes now. If you send me an Email with the diameters, I can check my stock. Short of that, try the ones from Cannonball. I always like the look of the Cannonball pearls.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,317 Posts
the stones look cool but are horrible when they get wet, as you lose all traction. MOP gets friction when they are wet. I love the Super 20 pearls because of the non-slip factor.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Jason DuMars said:
the stones look cool but are horrible when they get wet, as you lose all traction. MOP gets friction when they are wet. I love the Super 20 pearls because of the non-slip factor.
The more important question is:::::::

What Do They Do To The Tone Man?
:D :shock: :sign5: :dontknow:

·
Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist. RIP, Yo
17,204 Posts
Hard. Brittle. Smooth. Possibly colourless. Cold.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
While they look nice, I wonder how they hold up to heat when doing pad work? Would they shatter or crack?? I have not had to do any pad work on this latest generation of CB's. They play awesome though..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts