Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 226610 View attachment 226606 View attachment 226608

I believe that superlative service and sound business practices should be acknowledged and shared.

I bought a tenor sax from Kessler & Sons last week. On its seven-day journey to me, the box was obviously dropped on its corner (which I noticed because it was leaking pink peanuts through the crushed and broken cardboard as I brought it inside) and also sliced along one side.

BUT, no worries! Kessler packs with at least a six inch buffer of peanuts on all sides. AND, puts the case inside in a plastic bag so it is not covered with static-cling peanut flakes when removed.

Sax in case was in perfect condition, and all large mass keys shimmed with foam to prevent movement in transit.

If you don't think this is remarkably wonderful, you may not have received an instrument shipped only in its original snug box as a tight skin over the case within. Not only is the case providing the only shock protection, but a surface violation or intrusion could well damage the case or instrument immediately beneath.

In no way am I suggesting that Kessler is the only superb music dealer--I've had wonderful experiences with others, too--but I find them to be absolutely one of the greats. Dave and Adam will generously discuss at length any question one may have even if the prospect of a sale is remote, and their knowledge is broad and deep. I've also talked to their dad Chuck about a service issue, and he is similarly considerate.

Now I get to set-up and play my new tenor!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not surprised to hear this. I've visited a couple times when in Vegas from L.A. and have always gotten good information from everyone there. Although not in the market for a horn at the time, the ones I took a look at while having them look into a repair on mine were all set up very well.

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
Dave and the crew are top notch in every way. They treat their customers right and always fix any problems. I've only had great experiences with them.

- Saxaholic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts