Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear SOTH friends
I want to buy an new tenor, and after read a lot of threads on this forum i am between thewe two sax.
They are in prices around U$1000 (la sax) and 1200 (kessler Deluse 85%copper brass).
Thgre are two points
A) I live in other country and obviously i can't try them before buy them.
B) I Never played none of them before. My experiences are with jupiters and some chinese horns.

Can you help me? What is the best choice here?
Thank you very, very, very, very much for any help!!!:D :D :D :D
Demetrios

·
Registered
158 Posts
I own a Kessler Custom Deluxe Tenor (but not the 85% copper brass), and it has served as a backup to my Mark VII very well. I actually have been playing the Kessler more in recent weeks. So, I can highly recommend the Kessler.

I don't own a LA Sax tenor, but I do have a bari. It is also a very good horn and has held up well.

If I was going to choose between the two, I would lean toward the Kessler. Others may have different opinions.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,483 Posts
Dittos to what gworthey said. I've owned a Kessler Custom Deluxe tenor since January (before the 85% brass was available as well) and have been very pleased with it. Unfortunately, as well, I can't compare it to the LA Sax tenor for you since this is my first tenor. I can tell you that I've got a lot of mouthpieces and reeds to go through before I come close to considering trading up. Nice sound. Nice feel. Feels solidly built. Good experience dealing with Chuck and Dave Kessler.

To give others a bit more info to help you out, especially the more experienced members, perhaps if you gave a bit more rationale as to what opinions, pros and cons, brought you to the point of settling on these two makes in the first place. Cost is obviously a factor. What were the others?

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts