Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday, we will be receiving a new shipment of our Kessler Custom saxophones. In this shipment (120+ saxes), we will be receiving our first Red Brass Deluxe models.

I did manage to get a box of sopranos and tenors a few days early and have uploaded images to my website on them.

Just as we expected, very warm sounding horns.

Dave Kessler
Kessler & Sons Music

http://www.kesslermusic.com/KesslerCustomSax/kesslercustom.htm

·
Registered
342 Posts
You're not trying to sell them before you own them, are you? ;)

Actually, they are very pretty. :D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course I am... but if you re-read... I have sopranos and tenors in my store right now. I will have the entire shipment on Monday next week.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just kidding around. My comment was based on another "hot" thread. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
they're indeed beautiful, though just curious. is the extra $ worth the extra copper? also what do you mean by warmer? in my sense of "warm" is that it's mellow and like a true sax (i've played maybe two sopranos in my life and one was similar to an oboe). have you tried it against the antiguas? i'm deciding if i should go for a an antigua or a kessler deluxe but i don't have much experience at all with sopranos or selmers/yanis.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as well as a fluke model. It appears that the factory has sent a few of our RedBrass model altos with a solid Copper Bell and Bow (RedBrass body & neck - 85% copper).

While we did not ask for this, it is actually an interesting horn. It still has the quicker response of the redbrass horn since the neck and body are red brass (an all solid copper horn can be almost too heavy to respond well) but with the copper bell and bow, this model does give a meatier warmer tone.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,522 Posts
dpmusic said:
wish i had $1000.
The webpage does say "Financing available"... ;)

Not affiliated with Kessler, haven't played the horns... Just a G.A.S. enabler. ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Those really are pretty. The prices are approaching the prices of the antiguas, how do they sound in comparison?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jmartin said:
Those really are pretty. The prices are approaching the prices of the antiguas, how do they sound in comparison?
I obviously will be biased towards my horns. However, we do these horns because we feel that they are the best dollar per dollar sax until you go to the likes of a Yanagisawa 901 series.

Depending on the exact models that you compare of course. We find our horns to as a general rule be more focussed, more responsive and built a little better. Now this is referring to our brass models.

The Red Brass models are richer and fatter sound wise without losing response.

·
Registered
342 Posts
DaveKessler said:
The Red Brass models are richer and fatter sound wise without losing response.
That was the kind of thing I was wondering. Based on your earlier discription of "warm." I don't really consider the antiguas to be warm.

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
I am wondering the cost benifit ratio. I am thinking about purchasing a soprano, so time this summer. And Dave, how do your horns compare to an antigua wind soprano? If I was going to buy both from you. Which one would be recomeneded?

~Carbs

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
DaveKessler said:
as well as a fluke model. It appears that the factory has sent a few of our RedBrass model altos with a solid Copper Bell and Bow (RedBrass body & neck - 85% copper).

While we did not ask for this, it is actually an interesting horn. It still has the quicker response of the redbrass horn since the neck and body are red brass (an all solid copper horn can be almost too heavy to respond well) but with the copper bell and bow, this model does give a meatier warmer tone.
That (in)famous Chinese quality control!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't suppose the people you buy them from also offer copper necks, do they? I use one on my tenor and I absolutely love it. If I get a soprano, I'd imagine I'd want one on there also.

·
Banned
280 Posts
Earlier this week I ordered one of these red brass altos (actually one of the copper bow/bell models). It should arrive tomorrow. I'll post my reviews.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Innuendo said:
I don't suppose the people you buy them from also offer copper necks, do they? I use one on my tenor and I absolutely love it. If I get a soprano, I'd imagine I'd want one on there also.
Now that's an idea !

Dave

Can you / do you couple your new red brass saxes with a copper neck ? If so ... can you comment on what you impressions are of the difference in tone?

Thanks
W.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts