Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know who makes the Kessler Custom mouthpieces for them? I’ll assume they don’t have a mouthpiece manufacturing shop in their back room.
I just grabbed one off eBay marked 7+2 which is I guess means 7**.
I liked the look of the baffle and chamber and took a chance, at $65, to try it.
it plays surprisingly better than a lot of things I’ve tried that are five times the price.
‘it’s not important, but I just wondered where they outsource their stuff from. Somebody who works at Kessler knows their ****.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they are made in Asia, as his saxes are, I’d venture to guess the Kessler is a decent sax.
I’ll try emailing him.
As I said, it’s not important but it plays really well and I figured a 7** is kind of a recent thing that was probably a special order.

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I received a Kessler NY alto piece with a horn I purchased a few years ago and I was surprised at how well it played. It played better than most of my much more expensive alto mouthpieces. I still use it as a back up to my Ted Klum.
The tenor piece plays a lot better than the one Klum I tried. I’ll never buy one of those again.
‘Severely overpriced for a dull mouthpiece.

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here’s the reply I got from them. I can’t believe i can play a 9! It sure doesn’t look or feel that open

The 7+2 was a model that we opened up to about a .120" tip opening (a 9 = "7+2").

The blanks are molded by Babbitt for us using one of their standard rubber cores. However, we designed a custom facing cam with them many years back to be our standard "OL7 Pro" facing at a .100". So the blank is our own unique blank. We then do the hand facing on the blank here in store.

We do not offer the larger tip opening option any longer (time issue more than anything) so we only have the standard .100" OL7 facing on that model as an option. “

1 - 4 of 4 Posts