Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this Soprano on their website for $499. The photos look great and I'm very tempted to buy but has anyone actually played one? Is this horn solid or is it fragile and flimsy. What does it sound like? I guess the thinking is if it's this cheap how good can it be?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Well, apparently Dave Kessler is one of the most reputable dealers on the web. Try phoning him for more info.

All feedback on Kessler horns have been 100% positive though.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Columnist, Forum Con
3,801 Posts
Not having tried this instrument but having purchased a Kessler alto sax and having visited one of their shops in Vegas twice I will say this, unless you only want a Yanigisawa s99x or a vintage instrument, the Kessler horns are beautiful, solid and sturdy saxes. The Kessler's stand behind the instruments they selected to put their names on.

Many of my friends didn't want to pay Yani prices and purchased Kessler instruments. They are still loving them. My grandson is loving his Kessler alto sax. The bari sax player in our jazz ensemble is loving his Kessler bari sax. Call Dave or Chuck and talk to them.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Trying to get a Kessler KCS2 without response

I applied for the Kessler Credit Card which they said they would answer promply. They did not after applying on line, said they will get back in 7 days by mail.

I got the same credit amount approved by Sam Ash Music in 5 Minutes online!

I have A-1 Credit Rep. Wonder why Kessler Finance not respond so I could purchase a Saxophone from them?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Small operation, maybe didn't process it right away. Did you attempt to call them? Sam Ash is a big company with bigger prices and no humans who have a clue of anything to help with questions about a sax. Try calling Dave and see if you don't think it's worth it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Exactly. I've been to Sam Ash stores and I've been to Kessler's store. I'll take Dave Kessler's store ANYTIME. DAVE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts