Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is Kessler Custom Deluxe soprano made from? And is it a professional horn? Anyone compared it with Selmer series II and JK SX90 before, any comments? Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would call or e-mail David Kessler at http://www.kesslermusic.com. He has a good reputation around here as being upfront and honest about the horns he stocks. I remember him on a thread some time ago recommending an Antigua soprano sax over his own store brand based on what the potential customer wanted in a horn. I bought my own Antigua soprano from him and was very pleased with the overall purchase and service.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am thinking about buying a kessler soprano as well. Does anyone know what house brand means? I have searched it on the forums but i cannot find a clear cut definition of it. I dont mean to intrude on your thread hellas i'm just curious.

Which kessler were you thinking about?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,022 Posts
A house brand is when a store purchases or contracts a line of saxes to put their stores name on. Generally they are pretty good, but not GREAT and not at the level of the big guys. Usually they are sold at a substantially lower price than the big guys so they are an attractive option as a backup horn or even a primary.
From what I have gathered about the antigua sops, the sops they are modeled after are better saxes, but maybe not $X,XXX better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts