Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Kessler Custom Deluxe Black Nickel sop with the gold keys. The horn is beautiful and plays great. Right now it plays better that me. I'll catch up some day. This is my first try on a soprano. Talking to Dave and his dad was very helpfull. I chose Usps Parcel Post for cost factors the Kesslers shipped the horn via usps priority mail out of their pocket in stead of over 7 days the horn arrived in 3 days. The entire transaction was great and everyone I spoke to there was very helpfull. My granddaughter age 9 may start on alto this fall. Guess who i'm going to call.:space3::line3:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,443 Posts
Congrats on the arrival of your new soprano! If indeed you decide on the Kessler alto for granddaughter, I'm sure it'll be another excellent horn and transaction. The Kessler's are notoriously famous for their consistently high quality service and products! It'll be another breeze to purchase and bring her many years of musical challenge and pleasure.

Ok, so now that you've gotten it here's what you gotta do - keep posting about your experience with it from time to time. Above all, when it starts falling apart, you HAVE to report it immediately so we know when to expect these cheap Asian horns to start to disintegrate. :shock: :bluewink:

Btw, I have a 4 1/2 year old Kessler tenor. I've had one pearl come lose that I put back on myself and I've had it in to the shop once for a new neck cork and couple of leaks. For my purposes, once a year is probably plenty. I really shouldn't wait another four years though! (I can oil it myself in between tech visits. Could've done the neck cork but chose not to.) If that's it, this thing could (at least in my hands anyway) survive to the point that it will be my one and only antique!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts