Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave and Chuck Kessler are two people who really take the time to listen to your concerns. We talked about nickel plating(my two scatches turn out to be raised scatches-ie two small spots not buffed) and minor flaws in manufacture ,that every sax is bound to have, in great length. My nickel SX-90 was set up great by chuck no leaks. Very Very knowledgeable people about saxes. They helped me feel good about my purchase(I was on the fence)by bein genuinely honest a bout the sax and not at all being pushy. Great bunch of people at Kessler!!!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,475 Posts
:shock: What?? Now they've gone and done it again! This is getting ridiculous. Another satisfied customer! And they didn't talk you into one of their horns! :smilebox: Surprise! NOT!! :)

Congratulations from another satisfied customer and enjoy your horn! :D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
ratracer said:
:shock: What?? Now they've gone and done it again! This is getting ridiculous. Another satisfied customer! And they didn't talk you into one of their horns! :smilebox: Surprise! NOT!! :)

Congratulations from another satisfied customer and enjoy your horn! :D
This post made me laugh. Thank you! I needed that today.

Sycc,

Thanks for the post. Keep in mind that we give a 1 year pads & adjustments warranty. So even if you dont have any problems with it, you still may want to send it back inside of that 1 year to have it gone over at no charge.

·
5,475 Posts
DaveKessler said:
This post made me laugh. Thank you! I needed that today.
Good to hear you got a chuckle! It was cheap, easy, and now, neat to know it might have encouraged you, even if just a wee bit! We all need that from time to time.

Cheers!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Instead of a new thread for Kessler I will just add to what sycc said. They know there horns. I called three times, each time I asked about a different horn and each time they would go over how the horn played and what to expect from it. The Yani A991 plays just the way they said it would and I could not be more happy. :)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CALLED KESSLER & SONS TODAY TO DISCUSS AVAILABILITY OF OPTIONAL NECKS FOR MY SX-90 tenor. Once again. Dave was excellent to talk with. He is extremely knowledgeable about saxes and enjoys conversing/sharing info etc about various saxes. I highly reccommend Kessler!!!!Dave is great!!!!!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think besides their knowledge of saxes,the most important thing Kessler offers is a quality repair tech. Chuck is a oustanding repair tech. The $1200 Kessler custom deluxe tenor I bought for my daughter played better w/ the Kessler set up than saxes I got elsewhere and paid alot more $$$$ for. I will only buy saxes from retailers w/ a top notch repair guy. Plus the three day return policy is great. Just enough time to make sure it's the right sax for you.

·
5,475 Posts
If nothing else - they are highly consistent, eh?! :salute: I received my Custom Deluxe tenor Jan '07. Arrived for me exactly as you described with your daughters experience. Been a great horn so far. Hope your daughter's holds up the same as mine! I expect it will. :thumbrig:

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If nothing else - they are highly consistent, eh?! :salute: I received my Custom Deluxe tenor Jan '07. Arrived for me exactly as you described with your daughters experience. Been a great horn so far. Hope your daughter's holds up the same as mine! I expect it will. :thumbrig:
Her band director likes the tone and intonation but expressed concern about durability when he found out it is vietanese assembled w/ taiwan parts. I politely explained to him that a Kessler tenor and a kmart tenor(plus assorted other cheap ebay off brand saxes) are two differant animals;plus Dave and Chuck Kessler put their name on it ie they wouldn't put the family name on a substandard product. We are very pleased w/ how it's holding up!!!

·
5,475 Posts
Her band director likes the tone and intonation but expressed concern about durability when he found out it is vietanese assembled w/ taiwan parts. I politely explained to him that a Kessler tenor and a kmart tenor(plus assorted other cheap ebay off brand saxes) are two differant animals;plus Dave and Chuck Kessler put their name on it ie they wouldn't put the family name on a substandard product. We are very pleased w/ how it's holding up!!!
Good to hear you all are still pleased with the KC Deluxe! I'm no real "player" in any sense of the word, I just like to play the sax, but I've had a couple very positive, unsolicited comments about my Deluxe's tone from a couple of people who don't know squat about, nor really care, how/where a sax is built but are very knowledgeable and gifted in music.

·
Registered
Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bari and Flute, if you bend my arm > Clarinet
1,134 Posts
I've bought 4 Yani's from Dave and Chuck in the last 10 months, they're the best. They tell it like it is regardless of the sale. You won't find more honest dealers to work with and their prices are the best on new gear!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just received my new Antigua Winds Soprano from Kessler and Sons Music a few days ago. I've been playing pro for 25 years and have mainly stuck with vintage horns except on soprano. This is my third attempt at purchasing a decent soprano. I've had a couple of pro model Yamaha's over the years but was never really satisfied. I didn't want to spend that kind of money again so I did some research and landed on the Antigua with Dave's help. Dave had sold me a couple of silver necks for my Mk VI alto and tenor and was very knowledgeable and helpful. I must admit that I am even more surprised at this instrument's quality and performance than I would have hoped...especially for the price. I took Dave's advice and purchased the metal Yani 7 mouthpiece and the thing is blowing very well right out of the box. I have no illusions about the fact that the pro horns by Yani, Yamaha and Selmer would be worth the money and play very well, I just didn't want to spend that much on a horn I might play on 2 or 3 tunes each night. Suffice to say though...I'm extremely surprised and very satisfied with this purchase, and even more so with the folks at Kessler and Sons Music...again.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I bought what I consider to be the best playing reference 54 alto (or any other sax for that matter) Ive ever layed hands on from Kesslers. I cant recommend these guys enough. Extremely fair prices on absolutely first rate instruments. You dont feel like your buying a demo, or second with these guys! Thanks once again for the amazing horn, and great prices. I love this sax, and won't ever part with it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Groundhogs Day! Mayho

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dave Kessler came through for me and got me a solid sterling silver neck for my daughter's Keilwerth SX-90 Tenor sax! And he got it for us at the august 2011 price;they gone up a nice amount since then! Only $525 a steal! Hannah loves the neck as it makes altissimo easier on her tenor!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I never bought from them but I did strongly consider purchasing a soprano from them about a year ago. Only reason I didnt was because I decided to get a used one from a SOTWer. Otherwise I would have definitely bought from them. Dave Kessler is a great guy to talk to and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts