Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I know this has been asked before and I have looked through the archives, but I am wondering if anybody has any more up-to-date links. I've been asked to play the above song and I am looking for a decent backing track (the ones I have heard so far sound like they were done on a 1980s Casiotone). I guess a transcription (for soprano, naturally) to go with it would be nice. Any help much appreciated!

·
SOTW Columnist/ Forum Contributor 2014, Disti
2,779 Posts
Not sure if this will help but you can get the score (melody/piano part) in several keys from;

https://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtd.asp?ppn=MN0065840_U2

Or from Curtis at;

https://saxsolos.com/solo-lists/

He can send it in any key that you need. Just let him know the key before you order it.

I have the song in .MID format which can usually be played on a laptop with the computer tones which may not sound that good. I can email the midi and I can change the key. Prently in concert F.

This site has it in MP3 format;

http://www.midi-hits.com/search-results/type-title/find-wedding-song/all-words-off/

Just send a PM with your email if the midi will help.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,905 Posts
I'm seriously thinking of just getting the sheet music and then getting a friend to record the piano track.
Was anything wrong with that link then? Looked OK to me.

Why not? That actually makes a lot of sense.

But then making your own backing track seems a good idea, more personal so I'd do that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Pete: nothing wrong with the link, but not too keen on the track. Moi, a fussy saxophonist, surely not!
@John, thanks, will follow up those links tomorrow.

I think ideally I'd have simple unadorned piano; so I have this idea that I will get a friend to play with me and record his accompaniment - that way I'll get the timing that matches my own style.

<sigh>
When my cousin asked me to play at her wedding, I thought I could knock up a solo that melded Mendelssohn's wedding march with Booker T's Soul Limbo. She had other ideas.
</>

·
Registered
Selmer MarkVII Tenor
718 Posts
Please check your private messages and mail. I sent you the mp3 of the playalong and the score image.
enjoy it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess we're all losing the will to live with this one, but FWIW: the bride has indicated that she's fine for it to be without backing track; after all, it's one less thing to go wrong. Besides that she's *hoping* to get married outside: but this is England, so we have no idea whether that's going to be possible until about thirty minutes beforehand. So the logistics of getting a PA that could be re-positioned as needed... well, nuff said.

But I'll get this down for posterity: rather than use a pre-canned backing track, I would get a pianist friend to play through it with me, live, as it were, and record their half. Then it'd be to my / our own tempo and feel.

Thanks to all for help and suggestions.

Now I just have to go and learn the thing. His notes, *my* tone.

·
Registered
Selmer MarkVII Tenor
718 Posts
how can I send you the files ? ( score + playalong ) ? I need your email adress

·
Registered
Selmer MarkVII Tenor
718 Posts
Please inform me when you have downloaded the score and the mp3

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Humbardi, got the MP3 and score - many thanks.

Now - next problem. Remembering what "D.S. al Coda" means.... just kidding. I've not forgotten *everything* my dear teacher taught me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts