Sax on the Web Forum banner

Keith Jarret Confronts a Future Without the Piano

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Michael_A 
#1 ·
#3 ·
It has to be. No matter what you think of Keith, he has spent his life totally at one with the instrument. To have that taken away must be worse than going deaf.

#9 ·
Miles put him on electronic boards pretty early on, which he didn't care for, but he was fabulous. I also loved his double organ album. Don't know if he still has any interest in it, but he could program and lay down some interesting sonics with one good hand.

#11 · (Edited)
I didn't know this terrible news...
Opened this subforum for posting a link to Keith interview that I listened few years ago and just found it by chance now.

First, I sent the link to my son. I introduced to him Keith's music when he was 7 and already did good steps in learning music.
So wanted to share my emotions and our memories when he practiced some of his stuff ... then decided to post the link on SOTW. Prior to posting, scrolled down and found this thread.
We had to experience live concerts in 2010 and 2014 during our Jazz Fest. Last time prior 2010 Keith was in Montreal 25 years ago.
I remember 10 min standing ovation after he appeared at the corner of the stage... Then he told: "Once Miles said, it's difficult to be a genious" and went to piano.

Still cannot believe...
I think the clip will be interesting even if you watched it already

Keith Jarrett - Interview + Speech at NEA Jazz Masters Awards 2014 - YouTube

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.