Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i'm impress with Keith Anderson playing, so pick'n licks i found his version on autumn leaves on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8teRNQet1k

I notice that on the progresion Em/Eb7/ Dm/Db7 / Cmaj / B7 / Em /
hi play a em pentatonic scale and then Gm penta over Cmaj, sound great bluesy souly, but do you have any theprical explanation?
Thank's.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Good to recognize what may be happening within the music but (IMHO) there are more important dimensions to musical communication. Hopefully you are recognizing that what makes Keith a great player isn't just the notes played or an analysis of forms he uses, it's his heartfelt delivery and consistency of feeling. You can copy all the licks you want and string them together but unless you can deliver them with feeling and integrity it will not communicate much.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Wade, thank's for your answer, I really understand what your are say, abd i agree, but i want to analise the music so i can incorporate in my playing givin it my heart and soul.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
It's nothing special. He's pretty much just using the blues scale, throwing that Bb in there to give it that bluesy sound. Don't get caught up in the CMaj-B7. He's generalizing the harmony, playing as if it were all Em, and going for that blues sound. Analyze what he's doing against an Em chord and you'll see it fits much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts