Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is just out of curiosity as I may be considering selling my alto in a few weeks...

How much would a Keilworth Sx90 Alto go for? It's about 7 years and I have played it quite a bit over that time, though it is well cared for. There are a couple of spots where the lacquer has started to wear off (neck, octave key, palm keys, etc), but nothing major. The action in the keys is just as good as when I got it, and all the pads are in fine shape as far as I can tell. There are no dents. It comes with the original case.

Instead of selling I wouldn't be opposed to trading. I'm really getting into vintage Bueschers and have a TT Alto in the shop right now (should be amazing when its all done!), and would like to get a different type sax, mainly a tenor or soprano. Would the Keilworth be worth a straight Buescher soprano or any tenor?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2011
2,578 Posts
IMO, you will come out much better financially selling the Keilwerth on the open market and buying a Buescher on eBay to (potentially) fix up. Outside of vintage dealers, Bueschers still go for a song on eBay. It's possible you could get (or almost get) both a tenor and a soprano for the Keilwerth if you are lucky, particularly if you like the TT. The only tenors that will be price-problematic would be the Aristocrat "series I" or Big B, and the THC or Super 400 models.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah every once in a while I see a great deal on a soprano or tenor, certainly possible to get a tenor and soprano in somewhat good shape with the need for slight adjustments/repads. Do you think the Keilwerth could go for either a Big B tenor or a curved soprano by itself?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts