Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read on a website that Keilwerth saxophones are made by Jupiter. Is this true? My understanding is that they are two completely separate brands, but I am wondering if this is actually true. Does anyone have any information on this?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,315 Posts
maybe their student lines are made by jupiter

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
One of their non-SX models was made by Jupiter. I don't believe that's the case anymore.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The ST and EX series were indeed produced by Jupiter, but are now out of business after Buffets take over of Keilwerth. Resent news says that the pro SX series will be continued on the original factory in Germany, but under Buffets management.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,287 Posts
As far as I know when I was researching Keilwerth a few years ago is that I found that the ST 90 Series IV was made by KHS/Jupiter and the ST 90 Series II and II were Keilwerth made parts and finished by Amati. The ST 90 Series I looks like it might have been totally made by Keilwerth.

All the rest of the Keilwerth models were made by Keilwerth totally, but I think the later EX models were made in a similar way to the ST 90 Series II and III with Keilwerth made parts and Amati finishing.

The Keilwerth parts and Amati finishing is just to reduce costs as one would presume Amati does the finishing at less of a cost.

The KHS/Jupiter outsourcing of the ST 90 Series IV is the same cost reducing thing.

At the start of the Keilwerth modern models, Keilwerth seemed to make everything then some of the lower ST models (II and III) were handed to Amati for finishing and the the ST series IV was outsourced to KHS/Jupiter and then the later EX models were handed to Amati for finishing, basically because of trying to compete in a changing market over the years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts