Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How should I go about selling this instrument? I bought myself a new tenor several months ago which I am extremely happy with and no longer need the keilwerth. It's an SX90R , black nickel and in great condition, I've owned it for about 7 years and played it pretty hard until 3 months ago. The lacquer is wearing off in a few places, just around some of the keys and key guards, as well as the left side of the bell. What would you guys recommend?

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
I would say offer it at 60% of its purchase price (purchase price, not the company's advertised selling price).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I could keep it as a backup for the rare occasion where my horn is in the shop, I would. But I'm a student in Boston, and money is hard to comeby, especially when music, instruments, parts, and material costs so much. Selling this horn will help me pay for a soprano, which at this point is more useful than a horn that will be played 3 or 4 times a year.

Speaking of sopranos, anyone have any advice on what brand I should look at? I've heard from many people that the modern sopranos have much better intonation than vintage so they're a better choice. I've tried a Selmer Series III, but that's it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Columnist, Forum Con
3,801 Posts
chops2200 said:
Speaking of sopranos, anyone have any advice on what brand I should look at? I've heard from many people that the modern sopranos have much better intonation than vintage so they're a better choice. I've tried a Selmer Series III, but that's it.
If you can get your hands on a Yanagisawi S992, give it a try. Great ergos, intonation that is stellar, and a nice sound. But it is pricy and you rarely see an S992 for sale second hand. Oh, but I'm guessing the vintage mafia is gonna get you for thinking about buying a new horn. ;)

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
cpm: What new tenor did you get?
chops: Yamaha 82Z unlacquered.
Now why'd you wanna go an' do something like that for? :shock:

chops Selling this horn will help me pay for a soprano...
You might consider going for a direct trade right here. You never can tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts