Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,862 Posts
Superb bari, no issues. The prototype that was at the Musikmesse before production was a REAL prototype and had intonation issues.
If you have the scratch, this is a FINE horn. Think more of a Selmer vibe than any JK before it, but with more grunt. I felt it has more flexibility than the usual SX90, of which I am a die-hard fan.

·
3,862 Posts
Rick, no, there were none made like that, that were shown. Of course they are all nickle silver (but with an unbrushed finish) before they put the black nickle plating on. I am fairly sure it is not entirely out of the realm of possibilities to get one with the NS alto/tenor brushed finish. But you are looking at a long wait and a lot of cash IF it were possible. I haven't been in touch with Mr. Keilwerth in a while and I am not sure how involved he is now with the company. I got my special order after waiting for a whole year for him to decide to finally do it. Funny thing about that order....the very day I decided to give up on getting my request granted and was going to order a black nickle Guardala bari, the OK came through from Germany on the JK SX90R in satin silver.

·
3,862 Posts
Xray,
I heard they were not going to make the regular/plain black nickle plated brass baris anymore and the only black nickle choice you would have would be the nickle silver Shadow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts