Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am lamenting the sale of my Black Nickel SX90R bari. I am considering getting another, however, I wanted to know if anyone has played both the Shadow and Black Nickel bari and can tell me their thoughts about the difference between the two and if it is worth the extra $2.5-3K?

Rick D

·
Registered
418 Posts
I own the SX-90R black nickel bari. Of course during the 6 months I had to wait for one to arrive in the US, they announced the Shadow. But as I'm sure you know, the SX-90 bari is a great horn. A friend of mine picked up a Shadow bari (to match his Shadow alto and tenor), and I think I played it once. Yes, it played great, but $3K more great, I don't think so. I guess it depends on your situation and how much gigging on it you'll actually do.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I own a SX90R BN and about a year before I had a short test of the Shadow Bari...and was disappointed (very bright sound). I strongly preferred my own bari.
The test of the Shadow was with the same mpc. Perhaps I should have changed the mpc...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am playing a Series III bari. Great horn, but a lot heavier than the Keilwerth. Also I miss the big Keiwerth sound. I am considering purchasing another SX90 Black nickel or the Shadow if I can find one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts