Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I newly bought this instrument in gold lacquer and I got 2 mouthpieces with it.

One is from the factory and is a Keilwerth Jazz Mouth Piece no. 5 (rubber)

Other one is a mouthpiece wich the owner sent to let me try and have that is no.9 but I cant remember the name, but that doesn't matter because I think it's to wide open.

At last I have a Ottolink Metal. no 7* wich I bought myself not so long ago.

The question is ... what should I use? Is it bad if I really like the Jazz MP wich came with the tenor ? Because many saxist use like these metal ottolinks, so Im really confused what I should do .. maybe buy "Selmer Paris MP" ?

I like the sound from the Jazz MP because it gives a light and smooth sound but the Ottolink is more brighter.

What do you guys recommend ?

This is my 8th year on the saxophone by the way.:)

·
Registered
484 Posts
I was told that the Keilwerth mpcs are very good. Remember many great players play both metal and hardrubber mouthpieces. I even know a great jazz player who gets great sound on Selmer S80 C*.

Play with whatever you are comfortable with. If you like the Keilwerth Jazz mpc, that's great! There is nothing wrong if you like the piece. I started playing tenor with a HR mpc and switched metal link and then eventually settled down (I hope) with a Link HR.

Good luck!

·
Mouthpiece Refacer Extraordinaire and Forum Contri
3,406 Posts
I am a bit surprised to hear that the Link is brighter than the Keilwerth jazz piece.

What matters most is what YOU think. If you like it, PLAY IT! Other players like those jazz pieces, too. You are not walking alone by any means.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts