Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the misfortune to break my femur on May 9th. It shattered into numerous bone fragments and the pain was horrific! Was life flighted to a hospital with a trauma team and seven docs were on the team. Was in hospital five days and then rehab. Developed blood colts in lungs. Long story short, back to hospital and more rehab. I am using wheelchair and walker.
Have been practicing on my Super 20 and last week I said to myself "I deserve another sax for all the **** I've gone through!". Called wwbw and ordered a Keilwerth SX-90 for a great price of $2090. She came yesterday and I can't believe how well it's made. Built like a tank and sounds wonderful! Could only play for about 20 minutes because it rests on the sutures of right leg. Need to be ready for jazz band mid September. Wish me luck!
Candy

·
Registered
442 Posts
Congrats on your new sax, and wow...I can't imagine how much pain that must have been (or still be).

After a couple of unexpected neck surgeries earlier this year, I had a similar "I deserve it..." moment, but mine was a tattoo. A friend and I have been talking about getting some for a few years now, and since we both had completely different surgeries a few days apart, I declared that we both deserved to go ahead and get them.

I'm all talk, though...I don't think it will ever happen!

I hope you have a speedy (as possible) recovery!

·
1,594 Posts
as a male nurse and JK sx90R owner (alto) I can feel with you. You deserve the joy.:)

keep blowing, its the best Reha for your lungs, as the Medical personal have told you already, and also for your soul.:bluewink:

blessings and good recovery.

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Still on the Super 20 cause it's easier on the sutures. I have blood clots in my lungs too. Scarey!! Wish me luck that they dissolve soon.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,125 Posts
Hope you feel better soon. Try putting some foam or bubble wrap between the sax and your sutures. That might help.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Candy,

I feel your pain, more or less. Two years ago I had severe blood cloths in my lungs and thrombosis in the left leg. After a week in hospital I started practicing again on a chair
because of my leg. In the beginning I couldn't blow more than 5 minutes because of exhaustion, but I kept at it every day. After six months I was doing gigs again!
So my advice to you. Never quit! Keep going. Music gives you a mental boost. I also have a JK sx90r. You can't go wrong with that.

Greetz
Paul

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,782 Posts
get better soon, incredible story there! I wish you much fun with your new saxophone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts