Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just chatting with Randy Jones at Tenor Madness about one of his M'lady"s that i am a/b-ing with a new toneking. he mentioned in passing that he had a Liebman soprano at the store that sold basically instantly. AND, that the project to build that horn is not going forward. his understanding is that only 13 of these have been built. AND, he will now have about 4 of these available for sale. better call him quick! richard

·
Registered
92 Posts
I saw him play in a small setting fairly recently (a few months ago). The sop broke in mid set and he finished without it... surely that can't be related to this though... ... anyways, one hell of a player, and a great sounding horn (whatever model it was)!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
They're probably not going forward because so few people can afford one, or any other new Keilwerth for that matter!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, right this minute the sale is back on at wwbw for the sx-90 toneking--$2199. i just bought one and feel it's a great horn. it's not going back.! otherwise it's 4k. tichard

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that toneking came from wwbw the way it should. key clamps, everything in plastic bags, and an excellent set-up all the way from germany! the only set-up better was from yanagisawa on my soprano sc991. but that one had addtional look from chuck kessler. my tech, who is seriously superior, could find nothing to do on that yani. and not much to do on the toneking.

·
4,370 Posts
that toneking came from wwbw the way it should. key clamps, everything in plastic bags, and an excellent set-up all the way from germany! the only set-up better was from yanagisawa on my soprano sc991. but that one had addtional look from chuck kessler. my tech, who is seriously superior, could find nothing to do on that yani. and not much to do on the toneking.
Dude, you got key clamps? Man, I haven't received a Keilwerth with the clamps included in years! Good for you! I notice they now list the tenors but no altos....

·
4,370 Posts
I saw him play in a small setting fairly recently (a few months ago). The sop broke in mid set and he finished without it... surely that can't be related to this though... ... anyways, one hell of a player, and a great sounding horn (whatever model it was)!
Did the Ying part break or the Yang part:bluewink:?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, a bunch of cork wedges. i saved them all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i'm not so experienced. you mean those funny shaped little plastic colored jobs? maybe i've never seen what you are talking about. got images to look at?

·
4,370 Posts
They used to come in sets and when put on they would keep the keys tightly closed. They are funny shaped, and I've seen black and gray ones. They are usually a combo of metal and rubber if memory serves me. No images, but you should be able to find some pics at music store websites like Weiner Music.

·
Registered
62 Posts
While they no longer come installed on Keilwerth form the factory they ares till made and available. Ken Beason produces these under the name of Horn Doctor Music and I believe they are available through Ken himself, PM Woodwinds in Chicago and WWBW also as well as other places most likely. There are several other knock offs on the market but I know nothing about their quality. Ken still makes a set for every horn of mine that he services.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the clamp info. well yes, if you are liebman, most people would be happy to have him play their horn on a gig. and, he can make anything sound good. not to mention it's easier at the airport.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts