Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I ordered the K&M Alto Midge, to see if the Soprano would fit, and here is what I found:

Both the bell and bow supports are rigid, and have a rubber cover.
View attachment 50137

The bell support fits perfectly fine.
View attachment 50135

The horn is well balanced on the stand.
View attachment 50136

There are a few problems, with the bow support.
1. It cannot be positioned into the fully down and locked position, because it won't support the bow due to interference of pads.
2. Since it cannot properly support the bow, the bow touches the hard bare frame of the stand.
View attachment 50134

The midge could possibly still be useful at home, for the Soprano, but definitely not on a stage.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I prefer the Hamilton system x. It's fully adjustable and can hold curved sop, alto or tenor plus pegs.
View attachment 50138

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
thanks for this complete review! i suppose the lower bell support tab would have to be repositioned in order for this to work.

the hamilton looks great, but i think the op was looking for a physically small solution to go with the soprano. again, i wonder whether the k&m saxxy for alto might not work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for this complete review! i suppose the lower bell support tab would have to be repositioned in order for this to work.

the hamilton looks great, but i think the op was looking for a physically small solution to go with the soprano. again, i wonder whether the k&m saxxy for alto might not work.
I've messed around with it, and this looks like the best position, for my horn.
This is with the bow support in the down and locked position.
The bow does still touch the hard plastic, of the bow support, but I think I have something I could put there.
View attachment 50145

This is the only other placement.
However, I don't like the bow support arm making contact with the pad,
and it makes the horn sit at an angle, where it is prone to roll over, shift the weight and topple.
View attachment 50144
View attachment 50143

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts