Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried out this stand for a vintage Buescher curved soprano, but I found that it did not hold the sax well.

If you have tried this stand, what have your experiences been?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I use one for my Yanagisawa SC991. I think it's a great stand.

What was it about the stand's hold that you didn't like?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,358 Posts
Same here (at least K&M - not sure of the model number - it isn't anywhere on my stand). I use it for an SC902 and it works fine. I don't know if there are any significant differences among curved sopranos as far as how they rest on a stand, but mine works fine.

I used to use a folding stand from Myatts in the UK but it eventually bit the dust. It was a completely different concept from the K&M, though - sort of like a guitar stand turned sideways. DAVE

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found that it hits where my horn's bell keys are. If it were a newer horn that might not be an issue, but my instrument does not have key guards on the bell keys.

Some pictures probably would explain it better.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wish I read this post before ordering it as I just tried this one myself for my Buescher curved soprano.

The problem is that the "u" shaped clamp that supports the bow (so not the one that holds the end of the bell) only has a choice of fixed positions. Most of these positions are too far down to be of any use. And the one that's on the right position (the highest one) is positioned where the bell keys are.

If that bottom U clamp where to slide up and down, it would be fine.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
. . . . The problem is that the "u" shaped clamp that supports the bow (so not the one that holds the end of the bell) only has a choice of fixed positions. Most of these positions are too far down to be of any use. And the one that's on the right position (the highest one) is positioned where the bell keys are.

If that bottom U clamp where to slide up and down, it would be fine.
I would be tempted to simply drill out a new hole in the spot that will fit your horn.

·
Registered
183 Posts
+1. I drilled a new hole in my alto stand and it works fine. About as easy as it gets.
That might work. I'll have a look at it before sending it back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts