Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for sharing @bonsritmos. I really like Justo Almario’s music, especially his Tolu recordings with Alex Acuña and the crew. I had the opportunity to meet and play with Mr. Almario back in the early 2000s. It was a privilege.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
holy cow that was awesome!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
justo is incredable

i saw him in bryant park new york with the paul jeffries big band in about 77 , he took a solo and it was impressive , incredable tone, on top exiting phrasing . a year later i moved to new york and he was in la doing some work with my co lable owner , david e tillman, and,

later , we were doing some recording in la and tillman pulled in justo for a couple of cuts. we released it in 80 or so and high jazz picked it up and just put it out.i was happy to see someone put up this track on youtube, saved me the effort and i dont do these things well. i was so exited i brought it into this sax forum i have put a couple of threads on.

glad some of you are liking it. justo has a gigantic resume, he has played with a lot of people , i learn a lot about sax playing with great sax players , and helps me to apreciete the instrument a lot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts