Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got a FL lig for my Otto Link, and my first impression is I´m not impressed.

Maybe it´s because I really wanted to get one, but expected more specially for the price, I mean it does it´s job, it holds the reed...
The finnish is rather dissapointing, the brass finnish is not spectacular, the tubes are not evenly aligned and it seems quite fragile.
Maybe my ears are not that well trained, but no sound change either. Although I didn´t expect any sound change nor wanted one.

Gonna give it another try tomorrow but I think I am gonna follow up fellow SOTW members advise and get me a Selmer 404 lig!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
Today I got a FL lig for my Otto Link, and my first impression is I´m not impressed.

Gonna give it another try tomorrow but I think I am gonna follow up fellow SOTW members advise and get me a Selmer 404 lig!
Well don't expect any miracles with the 404 either..it just holds the reed on>exactly what it's made to do.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,962 Posts
I mean it does it´s job, it holds the reed... and it seems quite fragile.
Good observation - don't treat it like a vise.

Too many people treat their ligature as a hose clamp. It's not.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,713 Posts
Yes, that will ruin them fast. If you have to over tighten I would suggest a mouthpiece with a flat or generally flat table. Tables on Links are concave and tend to be a bit twisted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts