1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Just played a one-hour long set on a big heavy-metal fest:

42EEE263-5CA6-465C-B859-647EB82857D8_1_201_a.jpeg

Am I the only one saxophonist in the world with such an experience? ;)

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
There used to be a band called Jerseyband. I'm not sure if they're still around. They called their music "lung-core". Heavy stuff.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Valery, did you play your Kenny G set with backing tracks?:pfeifen: Should be interesting how the headbangers react.

Some time ago I heared a finnish heavy band with 2 distorted celli, a tubax and a strange humor .... I liked it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,167 Posts
Metal only once - I couldn't hear myself even with a pair of K10's for personal monitors....I have however, played a bunch of rock shows and enjoyed them just fine...

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
4,164 Posts
Heavy metal saxophoning is fun! Hard to cut because you usually have two guitars also fighting for the same frequencies, but it's fun to let it rip and cop some of those technical lines at usually unforgiving tempos!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
8,010 Posts
I always wanted to do it but have never been associated with any metal groups so it hasn't happened.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'd do that. Sat in a hip-hop recording session a few months back. I listened (not a listener) to a local station for three weeks while commuting. I think I've recovered mostly.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
Super Action 80 Tenor, Yamaha Vito YAS-21 prototype, Kessler Soprano, Superba II Bari, Fender J-Bass
4,909 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We played a set of old-school rhythm-and-blues. Here is the video of one of the songs:

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,374 Posts
We played a set of old-school rhythm-and-blues. Here is the video of one of the songs:

That puts a different light on it. In the OP (and the title) I thought you were saying you played a heavy-metal set. This is a long ways (thankfully) from the noise of heavy-metal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts