Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tip of the hat to actor Peter Falk who just passed away. Fine actor and creator of one of my all time favorite phrases. ("Just one more thing...").

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,588 Posts
Yes, one of my all time favorite actors. Mr. Falk will always be remembered. Kind of funny that my wife was making fun of me the other day for getting so into an episode of Columbo (I've seen them all so many times).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,316 Posts
When I heard the news, it reminded me of watching him with my late mother almost 40 years ago. We really enjoyed his work, which could be very funny sometimes. But you know, there's just one thing I don't understand ...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,461 Posts
When I heard the news, it reminded me of watching him with my late mother almost 40 years ago. We really enjoyed his work, which could be very funny sometimes. But you know, there's just one thing I don't understand ...
LampLight +1 very well said.. matches my experience to a T.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I passed him on the street one night in Westwood Village and I kinda yelled out: " Peter Falk ".

He went right into character and said: " Yeah yeah " like it was no big deal that I recognized him.

I thought it was great.

·
Forum Contributor 2010-2016
1,706 Posts
What I liked about Columbo was the format of you already knowing whodunnit and how. Then you watch as he seems to bumble his way to the right conclusion. I don't know of any other detective show that used this.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,993 Posts
No one could borrow a pencil like him. I also used to like the Columbo episodes where he'd show sympathy for the murderers... and of course bust them anyway. Then there were the ones that he genuinely disliked, such as Dick Van Dyke's photographer character, which was way against type.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I guess I'm showing my age......but, "They don't make 'em like they used to". We both are missing the same eye! He got a little farther than I did, though. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts