Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Honk

Nice blowing, Man! You must still be pinching yourself to have found an old Dukoff that worked to begin with and then having Brian Powell make it great.

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Very, very nice playing by you, man. Impressive. I particularly liked the bit where the lady with the zimmer frame threw her bra at the stage (just messing).

Seriously: great stuff. :)

·
Registered
955 Posts
dude, that was GREAT!!! I really enjoyed it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Very nice!

I never know what to play over that "Stormy Monday" substitution. Do you listen to Maxwell Davis much?

I love these guitar players who get so deep into T-bone Walker that you think they're never going to get out! If he doesn't have it already, you should get him that Duke Robillard/Ronnie Earl cd (The Duke meets the Earl): pure heaven for the Tbone enthusiast.

Rory

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I LOVE Maxwell Davis! To misquote somebody, I've copied more of his stuff than I've forgotten! :) Thank you guys for the comments - it was a fun festival to play and I'm glad you guys dig it.

Bob, Brian did incredible work. Whenever I tell somebody what I play, they sort of get confused about how such a piece could work with this type of music. But it has that huge low end and it is effortless in the altissimo. I was really happy how the whole show turned out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts