Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just made an order on prowinds.com containing Sax accessories, the prices were good and they had 15% labor day discount. After reading many reviews, I have the impression that I will never receive my order.
I contacted the credit card company, and they told they can not stop the transaction. I instantly receive a message of the transaction/withdrawal from the bank. The amount is 200$ (not too much but still a decent amount).
Anyone has any recent experience with prowinds or has any advice regarding this subject? Any help would be appreciated. I emailed prowinds to check on the order. There are too many negative reviews on the site. I wonder why it's still going.
Sorry if I posted this ad in the wrong section, but I couldn't find a more corresponding one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Primarily Tenor with occasional Alto
1,585 Posts
I have bought from ProWinds a couple of times. First time there were no issues. Second time part of the order wasn't in stock even though the item was showing to be in stock when I ordered it. Want to think it took another month before it shipped and then it was the wrong facing....probably another 2 weeks before it was credited back after returning the item. Not terrible but I have better service with other merchants, so they get my business instead

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I had a bad experience with them a couple months--it took forever, they shipped the wrong items, and it took several weeks to get a refund. But I did eventually get refund from them. I would try emailing their customer service: they did respond to me, and eventually I did get my money back.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I requested to cancel my order few days ago and today I received the refund. I read many negative reviews about the site so I didn't want to take the risk. I think I'm going to saxquest for my order. Anyway thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know this thread is slightly dated but I just wanted to comment that I purchased a sax from them about 6 months ago and their customer service was top notch. They were very professional. I got my order in a timely manner and it was correct and very well packed.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,732 Posts
I know this thread is slightly dated but I just wanted to comment that I purchased a sax from them about 6 months ago and their customer service was top notch. They were very professional. I got my order in a timely manner and it was correct and very well packed.
"Them" - Prowinds or Saxquest?

Enjoy the horn!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone know how to contact someone at Prowinds? I placed an order and 1 item (an instrument case) did not fit well and I wanted to initiate a return. The other issue is one item sent was incorrect. I ordered the correct item and Prowinds sent the wrong one.

I have called and gotten voice mail, sent an email with no response and also sent a fax.

Any suggestions?

I was going to return the items and dispute with my credit card.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Keep calling until someone answers. That's what's worked best for me when I had problems with an order. FWIW, they have always fixed whatever was wrong with my order.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thx. Did get through to a human finally earlier in the week. Was assured the right item would be sent and my second order would ship. So far no notification on 2nd order.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts