Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I thought that at this point I might join that exclusive little club for aficionados of those 'in-betweenie' saxes. It proved surprisingly easy to become a member! Here are my credentials:

Photos of my Conn New Wonder

A sound clip taken right from the kitchen:

http://db.tt/ibnYwm1

I decided to be bold and got myself a piece of 400 grade sand paper. With my limited knowledge of mouthpiece work the result was astonishing. What was a mouthpiece - the Conn Eagle that came with the horn - that I could barely play turned into something that is definitely a road to the sound that I'd like to have on the C melody. And it's fun playing!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,799 Posts
Wow a new mouthpiece refacer is born!

Your horn looks very nice and if you even managed to open up your Conn eagle without ruining its facing this must be a very auspicious omen. Gefeliciteerd!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,431 Posts
Conngratulations, it looks beautiful. I could not get the sound to run, though.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Milandro - that tinkering with the mouthpiece will be a one time only affair I guess. The thought that I could get a similar piece for not too much money was certainly an incentive. I must say I was totally astonished by the improvement. Fools luck. It was a 0,125 cm opening, now it is a 0,175. Corresponding to 49 thnds inch and 69 thousands of an inch. The cool thing of this mouthpiece is that it plays beautifully in tune, and takes tenor reeds.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,799 Posts
it loads fine on my computer maybe takes a bit on a slower connection

1 - 7 of 7 Posts