Sax on the Web Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I say, we should all stop being humans! Humans are too damn frail, especially when it comes to doing anything we really enjoy. Of course, we can't be dogs, either, because they're prone to all the maladies that humans are. What the hell can we be? There has to be something........or does there?
Never mind!
Whatever Harry really is on "Resident Alien". Lots of muscles and those two extra arms would come in handy all the time.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Decades of using a neck strap eventually caught up with me when I started playing bass sax. Messed up the nerves in my spine big time. Even a Just Joe’s clone wouldn’t work. When I switched to a shoulder harness, the damaged was reversed within a month. The key for me was getting ALL the weight off my neck, not just redistributing it.

I’m glad Joe’s works well for most people. I’m simply not willing to pay that much for something that still can’t solve my problem.

Not a fan of Neotech either. Too stretchy.
I totally get it. I have a friend who plays all the woodwinds, including a bass sax. He would bring that to some blues jams and I will say, that is a loud and probably heavy horn. The Just Joe's has been the best for me because I only play tenor anymore and have never played a bigger horn (not even a bari) .

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I say, we should all stop being humans! Humans are too damn frail... What the hell can we be? There has to be something........
Bdelloid rotifers -- microscopic freshwater creatures -- were recently retrieved from permafrost deep underground in Siberia, where they had frozen solid 24,000 years ago. When scientists thawed them, they woke up & resumed wiggling around & hunting for food in their inimitable rotiferian way. They can withstand exposure to intense radioactivity, too. They reproduce asexually; the last time they had sex was 80 million years ago, so do not ask them for advice about your love life. Whether they also play saxophones, I do not know.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Bdelloid rotifers -- microscopic freshwater creatures -- were recently retrieved from permafrost deep underground in Siberia, where they had frozen solid 24,000 years ago. When scientists thawed them, they woke up & resumed wiggling around & hunting for food in their inimitable rotiferian way. They can withstand exposure to intense radioactivity, too. They reproduce asexually; the last time they had sex was 80 million years ago, so do not ask them for advice about your love life. Whether they also play saxophones, I do not know.
Aha! There is hope, then? Thank you for the positive feedback, Sopsax! Ya, I fear the sax may be a little too much, for microscopic creatures, unfortunately.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts