Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I play low C note....
it makes a vibrating unstable wobbly C sound.... i'm a newbie.. can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong :(

my reed has a few cracks at the tip of it... and I dont have any extra ones to replace for now.. i dont know if this is causing the problem with C note...

C

·
0 Posts
It could be the reed, or mpc position, or that old sock you left in the bell after polishing it. It may be a leak too. Get a new reed, check it for leaks,and make sure the mpc is seated properly.
You'll figure it out. And don't forget that sock !

It could be your embouchure too, open your throat or try to say oh as you play the C, see if that helps.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Put some cork grease and try to slide down mouthpiece (but not too far) and let us know if it will help.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I had this problem when i got my 991 a couple years ago. what i did was just push the mouthpiece on the cork farther. Also are you using the stock mpc.? That could be causing problems to.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Maybe ask someone to help you.
If you play low C, ask someone to push the low C key. If it's better if that person pushes, you got a leak.. otherwise, you probably don't

·
Registered
12 Posts
S9930

One of the reasons we are all here is to learn. What was the problem with your horn?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts