Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of them or have any info : s/n 6294 & made in france

Stencil is simple ; just says Hessy's Super Model in a circle surrounded by traditional crest.

Plan to get it serviced and restored if it's a decent model......my first Sax - i have always played clarinet but not properly for the last 15 years....so this should be interesting :D

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
It's a Pierret stencil.

Use the SOTW search, and look for "Hessy's". You will find some really good info. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic stuff: thanks. Its my first sax, I play clarinet, so i have just bought my first mouthpiece: will be here tomorrow and cant wait!!!! Hope i chose well......I went for Otto Link Ebonite, Rovner Ligature, Rico Royal No.2 Reeds.
Cheers for reading,
Colt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Well, took the horm to Michael White in Ealing.....and the neck is bent, springs need replacing and all the keys resetting since they are wobbly. All the pads need to come off - and at the end of it all it may have cost me 400-500 GBP!

Decided that since i wouldnt know how it blew until i'd spent tha cash - that i should leave it for now - I havent even managed a whole scale on it without many sqeaks - which i now know is down to its poor condition.....

After some deliberation, I bought a Yamaha 275 - had a play in the shop and it sounded great - play I could actually play it ;)

I'll get the old Super Model restored when I get a couple of years down the line on the Yamaha....then i'll know it's worth the gamble!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts