Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last i blew them. The WO Tenors, no WO20 in though. The star as i was expecting and wished it were was the WO2 bronze. Just sang. More of eveything. The 01 just felt tame like my thoughts on most yani tenors for years. The 10 was much nicer but felt a tad boxed in. Really need to try the WO2 UL. That will be a great horn. Really enjoyed playing the 02. The bronze really makes a difference along with the pillar to post construction. Perfect blend i feel.

·
Registered
312 Posts
At last i blew them. The WO Tenors, no WO20 in though. The star as i was expecting and wished it were was the WO2 bronze. Just sang. More of eveything. The 01 just felt tame like my thoughts on most yani tenors for years. The 10 was much nicer but felt a tad boxed in. Really need to try the WO2 UL. That willig be a great horn. Really enjoyed playing the 02. The bronze really makes a difference along with the pillar to post construction. Perfect blend i feel.
Tried a T-W02 at a music store in Austin last year. I was surprised how rich it sounded. Nice big warm sound. Not sure if it's because of the bronze? The manager at the store was also shocked how well it played. He was quite bummed because he mentioned he liked it more then his 1969 Mark Vi. I would also like to try the UL W02 in tenor and soprano.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I also had the luck to blew the new Yanis, here it was WO20 and a WO1 which I compared to a new Selmer Reference 36 while the tech was checking my horn.
The WO20 was really nice, free blowing, warm and rich sound. It seems that the bronze body makes a real difference.
On the other hand the WO1 couldn't convince me, everything I liked on the WO20 wasn't there.

BR
Juergen

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried a T-W02 at a music store in Austin last year. I was surprised how rich it sounded. Nice big warm sound. Not sure if it's because of the bronze? The manager at the store was also shocked how well it played. He was quite bummed because he mentioned he liked it more then his 1969 Mark Vi. I would also like to try the UL W02 in tenor and soprano.
I was with a friend and the rep and both said the same findings. WO2 was the winner. More of everything they said. Bronze and the post construction is a great match

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you compared the TW02 with the T902? I was wondering how those 2 compare to each other.
I never blew a T902. I owned a T991 and a nice T992 before. Again the bronze made a difference then. More body, richer.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also had the luck to blew the new Yanis, here it was WO20 and a WO1 which I compared to a new Selmer Reference 36 while the tech was checking my horn.
The WO20 was really nice, free blowing, warm and rich sound. It seems that the bronze body makes a real difference.
On the other hand the WO1 couldn't convince me, everything I liked on the WO20 wasn't there.

BR
Juergen
After owning a T991 and T992 and testing the WO1, WO2 and WO10 I do feel the W02 tenor is the best Yani tenor a blew yet. Always though there tenors were a tad tame. Well the WO2 is for my likes a perfect combo. Really sings.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I've only gotten to try the TWO1 tenor and thought it was excellent. Though for alto I prefer the elite series over the professional.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,590 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts